Dental Electronic Capabilities
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
To support our paperless initiative and improve your claims processing experience, CareFirst strongly encourages participating and non-participating dental providers to submit dental claims and pre-treatment estimate requests electronically. Secondary Coordination of Benefits (COB) submissions should not be submitted electronically.
If you currently do not submit claims electronically or need assistance, please contact one of our preferred clearinghouses*.
If you do not currently submit claims electronically, contact one of our preferred clearinghouses:
- Change Healthcare at 888-255-7293 (email is firstname.lastname@example.org)
- DentalXChange at 800-576-6412 (ext. 452 for support; ext. 455 for enrollment services)
- Tesia Clearinghouse, LLC at 866-712-9584
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT):
Change Healthcare also offers electronic fund transfer (EFT) services* :
The following information is required when contacting your clearinghouse to enroll for EFT services:
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) – Billing NPI
- Provider Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Reason for Submission : New/Change/Cancel Enrollment
- Requested EFT Start/Change/Cancel date
- Practice/Provider Name
- Financial Institution Information (including Financial Institution Name, Financial Institution Routing Number, Type of Account (Checking/Savings), Provider's Account Number
With EFT transmission, CareFirst will discontinue the delivery of your paper remittance notice. Your Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA-835) will be delivered by your clearinghouse and will be your new payment voucher.
The ERA-835 will include payment details and HIPAA adjustment and remarks codes necessary for you to reconcile your patient accounts. If a copy of this information is needed, you should contact your clearinghouse.
View our EFT FAQs or contact your clearinghouse with any questions regarding specific EFT enrollment capabilities.
*By clicking the link below, you will leave the CareFirst website and access a vendor website. The vendor is solely responsible for the services it provides.