How To Apply
If you participate with multiple insurance carriers and would like to apply online through the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH) online application, visit our CAQH Universal Credentialing Datasource page.
Providers interested in applying for both our medical and dental networks may apply through the CAQH online application or use the Dental Provider Application. A written notification must also be sent to CareFirst along with your application or CAQH data sheet to alert us that you wish to apply to both networks.
To apply directly to CareFirst, follow the instructions below.
Credentialing Requirements for Dental Providers
The following information is required:
View the Dental Provider Application Instructions for more information.
Dental providers must also submit the following:
- copy of Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration certificate, if applicable
- copy of Controlled Dangerous Substance registration issued by the State or District in which you practice, if applicable
- copy of current professional license(s)
- copy of Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate, if applicable
- copy of specialty board certification, if you are board certified
- If you are not board certified, proof of eligibility, such as copy of admission for examination or proof of successful completion of residency program.
- copy of professional liability coverage certification which must include the limits of coverage, the expiration date, and the name of the provider covered under the policy
View the Required Documents for Dental Credentialing checklist for more information.
Fax or mail your completed credentialing materials to:
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
Attn: Dental Provider Networks and Credentialing
Mail Stop RRS-130
10455 Mill Run Circle
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Fax: (410) 720-5080