Credentialing FAQs

Expand All | Collapse All

How do I become an institutional or ancillary provider?
How do I update or change and/or add an address or provider information?

Answer: By Logging into the Provider Portal (CareFirst Direct) to update your provider information online.

For information that cannot be updated online, use the Change in Provider Information – Institutional/Ancillary form and include your office letterhead when returning the completed form.

If your Tax Identification Number (TIN) has changed, a new W9 must be included with your written request. If you are adding a new location, complete a new Request for Information (RFI) Application for submission.

For additional assistance, call Institutional/Ancillary Contracting at (410) 872-3526.

What is my effective date?

Answer: Your effective date will be determined by the successful completion of the credentialing and contracting process.

Expand All | Collapse All