CareFirst Direct for Dental Providers
CareFirst Direct is available to participating dental providers at no charge. Registered users can enjoy unlimited inquiries into:
- Claims status
Detailed information on inquires is available to our Commercial Traditional and Preferred dental providers. Our NASCO and FEP dental providers also can take advantage of this service by viewing the limited eligibility and claim status information now available.
By enrolling with CareFirst Direct, you'll be able to more conveniently verify patient and claims information. It's fast and easy!
- Enroll with CareFirst Direct.
Note: We recommend that one person complete the registration process for the entire practice.
- Receive an e-mail with your user ID and temporary password information (within an hour of completing the registration).
- Log in today and enjoy the benefits of using CareFirst Direct. These simple instructions will help you get started.
Viewing and printing this document requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded free from the Adobe site.
Requirements for CareFirst Direct
- Physicians offices that work with billing agents must register each agent in their service
- No fees for service
- Minimum system requirements
CareFirst Direct System Requirements
Many of the functions in CareFirst Direct transfer substantial amounts of information over the Internet. A cable modem, DSL, or other high-speed connection to the Internet is recommended. Low-speed modems (24.4 or less) may not provide satisfactory performance. The following software and hardware configurations are recommended:
MS Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, or ME
MS Windows NT 7.0
Internet Explorer V.5.5 or higher; 6.0 is recommended
Pentium II/550 Megahertz or higher
128 MB of RAM, minimum
Page Size: 800 x 600 or higher
Colors: 16 bit