Health Insurance Glossary
- Radiation Therapy
- Treatment of disease by X-ray, radium cobalt or high-energy particle sources.
- A term that describes procedures performed on structures of the body to improve or restore bodily function or to correct deformity resulting from disease, trauma or previous therapeutic intervention.
- A written recommendation by a physician that a member may receive care from a specialty physician or facility.
- Remark Code
- The code refers to a specific narrative used for informational purposes, or to explain why a charge or portion of a charge was not allowed.
- Respiratory Therapy
- Treatment to improve or preserve lung function.
- Provision added to a contract, which increases or limits benefits or coverage.