PDF icon

    Viewing and printing this document requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded free from the Adobe site.

    Learn how to properly submit a corrected claim

    August 02, 2017 -

    Colleague, learn more about submitting a corrected claim

    What is a Corrected Claim?

    A corrected claim is a replacement of a previously submitted claim (change or corrections to charges, clinical or procedure coding, member information, etc).

    How are Corrected Claims submitted?

    Claims should be submitted electronically. If a paper claim must be sent, write 'Corrected Claim' on top of the claim form and mail to the appropriate claim address on the member's identification card. Do not submit with a Provider Inquiry Resolution Form (PIRF).

    For more information visit the Corrected Claims section of the CareFirst website or enroll in the Corrected Claims, Appeals and Inquiries webinar session.