How it Works
To earn their participation-based reward as part of the Blue Rewards program, our members are required to complete all of the required steps within 120 days of their effective date, including scheduling a visit with you, their PCP, to fill out the Health Screening Form. This evaluation is designed help our members gain an understanding of their current health status and risk factors.
When our members call your office to set up their appointment:
- Work with them to schedule an appointment within their 120-day window so they have time to submit the form to CareFirst.
- Ask them to get lab work completed prior to their appointment so you can review their results with them.
- Remind them to bring a copy of the Health Screening Form and any immunization/screening dates that your office may not have on file.
At the office visit, you will measure and record your patients’ results for certain health factors on the Health Screening Form, including:
- Weight/Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Flu Vaccine
- Tobacco Use
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Glucose
- Cholesterol recommended
In addition to the participation-based incentive, certain patients may be eligible to earn an additional results-based incentive.
To earn the additional Results-based incentive, if applicable, your patients’ results must meet certain goals:
- Weight (Body Mass Index (BMI)) – Between 19 and 30
- Flu Vaccine – received within the last 18 months
- Tobacco Use – Must be a “non-smoker” (never smoked or quit for more than 30 days)
- Blood Pressure – Less than 140/90 (ages under 60) or less than 150/90 (ages 60+)
- Blood Glucose – Fasting blood glucose is less than 126
If your patients’ results fall outside of these desired ranges, work with them to develop a goal (i.e. alternate standard) and a plan of action that would be attainable within the year. If it is not medically advisable for your patient to be measured according to the goal, there is a waiver option on the form (ex. BMI for pregnant women).
After returning to your office for a rescreening visit before the end of their benefit period, your patients can earn their Results-based incentive if their results meet the goal you have established together.